Saturday, July 24, 2010

Review for Papermania Embossing Stencil from Cherry

A review from CHERRY

Here are my thoughts on the embossing punch from X-Cut and Papermania's Embossing stencil.

Papermania 'Summer Bloom' Steel Embossing Stencil

Firstly I have to say I thought the Papermania product was a die but it is NOT it is an embossing stencil - I must learn to read properly!

Anyway - once I had worked out the best way to use it in the Sizzix Big Shot - it comes with no instructions at all so be prepared to play with your machine and its set up. It does ok and gives a crisp image.

As you can see here. I have to say it does the job but I feel a bit stumped as to how to employ it creatively - but I was assured on the packaging that a little investigation on Papermania's website I may come up with something. However apart from finding the product there were no examples of it being used. I think for the £4 it is a little expensive for the use it is going to get by me. It is made of steel so I am wondering if the Dreamweavers Paste would work - any comments gratefully received about this.

Thanks Cherry, great review.


1 comment:

Julie said...

I would experiment with it a bit. try the paste, or emboss on different coloured core card and sand it a bit.