Thursday, August 19, 2010

Using a Brayer, Technique 2, with Clare

Out came my brayer again yesterday and here is another technique I have found on my voyage of discovery! It is another form of resist technique but this time using your Versamark pad or pen. Hands up now, how many of you have a Versamark pen and have never used it? I thought so!


Step 1: As always glossy card stock is a must and my first step was to tear out a hill shaped mask.

Step 2: Put you mask in place onto the cardstock and then use your Versamark pen to make small dots or snowflakes.

Step 3: Ink up your brayer and then brayer over your cardstock/mask. The more you roll the brayer the better ink coverage you seem to get!

Step 4: Remove the mask and leave your snowy background scene to dry.

Step 5: Create a card or ATC using the brayered scene.

Above are 2 cards I have made using the Versamark resist technique. The multicoloured paisley one was created in the same way but this time I inked up the stamp using my Versamark pad and then the brayer was inked up with a Kaleidacolor ink pad.

As an extra step when stamping a sentiment using the same technique, you can create a shadow effect by then stamping the image again with a black pad but slightly offset the stamp to create the shadow!

This is great Clare, thank you!

3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Thanks Clare. This is such a useful technique. Be great for christmas cards won't it. Lx

Kathyk said...

Loving these tutorials - such a great idea peeps

Kathyk

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

So clever, never tried this before.
Katie x